On behalf of myself, Laura Dyer, PA-C and my staff, I want to thank you for your support and confidence in my practice. I want to personally let you know that health and well-being has and always will be our number one priority. This reminder bears repeating in the face of any challenges and especially now given concerns posed by the coronavirus (COVID-19). To that end, I want to share some of the steps we are taking.
- As a medical/surgical office we know how important cleanliness is and always maintain the highest standards of cleanliness. To further offer you peace of mind, we want to let you know our office is professionally cleaned nightly and we use disinfectants that are effective against coronavirus.
- Rest assured that hand washing protocols are strictly followed by everyone in the office. Hand sanitizer is readily available to all staff and patients.
- We are asking that all patients with upper respiratory symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath to please cancel and reschedule your appointments. We advise you to call your family doctor if you have any of these symptoms. Additionally, if you have recently traveled to a country with high rates of the coronavirus or have been on a cruise please reschedule your visit for at least 14 days from the time of your visit.
- As with many other businesses, the conflicting reports about public safety, mass transit shutdowns and voluntary quarantining are preventing us from being able to say if the office will be open in the coming weeks. We will be managing the schedule remotely should the office be closed. If you have a dermatologic emergency or questions about an upcoming appointment or prescription please email our Director of Operations, Noelle at email@example.com
- You can always find up-to-date information on the on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.